What are IGEM Housing Partners?
It’s crucial to stay on top of the latest sector initiatives, including changes to legislation.
That’s why we’ve designed a unique membership package tailored especially for UK social housing providers. We’ve called it IGEM Housing Partner.
Why choose IGEM?
IGEM is developing the standards driving health and safety within the gas industry and we’re playing an integral part in helping the UK energy sector to achieve its net zero goal by 2050.
By joining us, you’re ensuring that your key personnel have access to the knowledge they need to make important operational decisions, safely deliver your installation, maintenance and repair services and comply with the latest requirements to keep your tenants safe.
Unlike other trade bodies, we are a professional engineering institution. That means we are a not-for-profit organisation, affiliated to the Engineering Council. Our purpose is to support individuals and organisations connected with the gas industry and our core aim is to help all those involved with gas to achieve and maintain the highest standards of professional competence.
Who can join?
To be eligible for IGEM Housing Partner status, your organisation must be on the UK government’s list of Registered Social Housing Providers. For other organisations and individuals, we have a number of membership options we’d be happy to discuss with you.
Housing Partner Benefits
- Individual membership for your key gas responsible person within your organisation and a route to professional registration with the Engineering Council
- Comprehensive technical training based on IGEM technical standards and safe working practices
- 34 IGEM technical standards vital to the housing sector
- Our sector-specific programme of technical webinars and an annual dedicated housing sector conference
- An extensive events programme featuring first class speakers from the areas of gas research, development, and regulation
- Technical webinars exploring hot topics, actively supported by industry and regulators
- Up to date information and news through our journal Gi, plus regular e-bulletins to keep you abreast of activities and opportunities
- Access to IGEMtv, our policy and research hub and our Hydrogen Knowledge Centre
All of this is underpinned by the support of our Social Housing Working Group (SHWG), consisting of stakeholders drawn from IGEM panels, HSE, service providers and social housing providers themselves.
We've developed a flyer dedicated to the IGEM Housing Partner Membership here that can be downloaded to share with colleagues.
Cost effective membership
Housing Partnership only costs £1,377* per annum, plus a one off application fee of £100*. The annual subscription fee will be prorated within the first year of joining and become due on the 1 January thereafter.
* Prices exclude VAT