The course covers the main aspects of hydrogen as a utility, and why this is seen as a potential route to meeting a net zero legal target reduction in carbon emissions by 2050.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of hydrogen gas
- Knowledge of the implications of a hydrogen roll-out and the associated safety case
- Understanding of the technologies associated with the creation, storage and safe use of hydrogen
- Understanding of the real-world issues associated with the potential uptake of hydrogen as one means of decarbonising the UK
- Understanding of the history of hydrogen development within the UK, and appreciation of key publications, literature and projects in this area
- Awareness of the economic issues for a hydrogen roll out across the UK
- Understanding of some of the technical challenges for a conversion for hydrogen both upstream and downstream of a domestic property
- Post course, articulate the technical key themes for hydrogen across a wide range of contexts and stakeholders in relation to the differences between natural gas and hydrogen and business need
Covers the ten key themes relevant to hydrogen and the UK natural gas network:
- Environmental context of hydrogen
- Legal considerations for the use of hydrogen as a utility
- Combustion characteristics
- Safety issues of hydrogen
- Manufacturing processes
- Hydrogen infrastructure
- Storage of hydrogen
- Transportation of hydrogen
- Potential end-use conversion to hydrogen including network conversion and appliance modification
- Economic and social factors
Senior technical consultants from Kiwa with extensive knowledge of hydrogen and experience in delivering this course.
Kiwa is leading the facilitation of the international acceptance of hydrogen as an energy vector. With a state of the art hydrogen test laboratory (the only one of its kind in Europe), and expert hydrogen certification and consultancy teams, Kiwa has a unique standpoint when it comes to hydrogen.
Don’t take our word for it, this is what delegates on previous courses have to say:
“Great overview of topic. Discussion on technical challenges and work required for implementation especially interesting.”
“I enjoyed learning the theory behind hydrogen and how in the UK we aim for net zero and what the driving forces are behind this.”
“Informative and practical.”
“Info was clear and well-paced and relevant for my needs”
“Very knowledgeable tutors.”
Once you have booked you will be sent your MS Teams joining invite nearer the date of the course. The course will take place on two consecutive mornings from 9.30am to 12.30pm.
Attendees will receive links to the video recordings of the sessions, a .pdf file of the PowerPoint slides shown and a CPD certificate of attendance.
Email [email protected] or call 01509 678150