Professional registration

IGEM is licensed by the Engineering Council to award the professional titles Engineering Technican (EngTech), Incorporated Engineer (IEng) and Chartered Engineer (CEng). If your goal is to become professionally registered and achieve one of these titles then we'll need to assess your academic qualifications and professional experience against the UK Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC).

UK-SPEC is published by the Engineering Council on behalf of the UK engineering profession.  It describes the requirements that have to be met in order to become a professionally registered EngTech, IEng or CEng. The standard has been developed, and is regularly updated, by panels representing professional engineering institutions (PEI’s), employers and engineering educators.

Join us an Engineering Associate

Working towards professional registration can take a little time therefore, you might like to consider joining us as an Engineering Associate in order to start enjoying the benefits of being part of our network.