This standard applies to installation pipework and pipework downstream of any plant isolation valve that is not "appliance pipework", on industrial and commercial premises. It deals with the design, installation, operation and maintenance of pipework designed to carry 2nd or 3rd family gas in the gaseous state with MOP not exceeding 60 bar. It considers pipework of steel, stainless steel including corrugated stainless steel tubing, copper and polyethylene.
Specifically it contains details of:
- Legislation and standards such as Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations
- Planning and design, along with material selection
- Jointing processes for multiple material types
- General principles for installing pipework
- Principles for installing buried pipework
- Entry into and exit from buildings
- Pipework in ducts, etc. in buildings
- Pipework in multi storey and multiple dwelling buildings
- Pipework support
- Flexible connections
- Manual valves
- Vents and breathers
- Compressors, boosters and pre-mix machines
- Procedures on completion of installation.