Temporary Notice: If you experience any difficulties purchasing technical standards please contact us.
Hard copy technical standards may also be purchased through YesResponse. Please call +44 (0)1889 561 431
This standard covers the design, installation, operation and maintenance of gas pipework, systems and appliances used for teaching purposes in educational establishments, including schools, colleges, universities and training facilities. It applies to both new and existing pipework and appliances, covering 1st, 2nd and 3rd family gases supplied from either gas distribution systems or through independent LPG supplies. It contains details of:
- Legal considerations such as Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations
- Competency requirements
- Gas pipework requirements
- Isolation of gas pipework and appliances
- Installation in laboratories and preparation rooms
- Installation for use in Art, Craft, Design and Technology
- Installation for use in Food Technology
- Installing appliances
- Electrical supplies and wiring
- Testing, commissioning and maintenance
- Advice for users
- Emergency procedures.