These procedures apply to gas fired open flued and room sealed appliances, including:
- Hot water boilers of net heat input exceeding 70 kW
- Steam boilers
- Thermal fluid heaters
- Storage water heaters of net heat input exceeding 70 kW
- Warm air heaters of net heat input exceeding 54 kW
- Radiant heaters.
They cover 1st, 2nd and 3rd family gases and apply to new appliances, along with retrofitting of burners to existing appliances.
It contains details of:
- Legislation such as Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations
- Selection of appliances
- Location of appliances and pipework
- Design of pipework
- Chimneys, including construction and material choice
- Gas and fire detection and hazardous areas
- Commissioning and handover
- Servicing and maintenance.