Temporary Notice: If you experience any difficulties purchasing technical standards please contact us.
Hard copy technical standards may also be purchased through YesResponse. Please call +44 (0)1889 561 431
This Standard covers the essential safety aspects of the engineering, startup, operation and shutdown of Natural Gas and fuel oil fired gas turbines and associated equipment. They may be used for other gases provided due account is taken of the differences between the fuels.
This Standard applies to:
- Fixed and mobile gas turbines for continuous and standby duties
- Both single and multi shaft turbines
- Both single and multiple burner types
- Turbines exhausting to heat recovery equipment
- Both turbines supplied directly from a ''high'' pressure gas supply and to those supplied via a gas compressor.
It includes details of:
- Legal considerations such as Pressure Systems Safety Regulations (PSSR)
- Arrangement of plant
- Gas and oil supply, pressure regulation and metering
- Gas and fuel oil conditioning
- Installation pipework
- Purging of a turbine and its associated equipment
- Air for ventilation and combustion
- Ancillary supplies
- Safety of turbine fuel gas and related systems
- Safety of supplementary and auxiliary systems
- Controls and operation
- Requirements for operating instructions.