This standard applies to the installation of network pipelines, meter installations, installation pipes, pipework and appliances including the open flue chimney or room sealed chimney system, in new and existing timber and light steel framed buildings containing single or multiple dwellings. They cover installations using odorised 2nd family gas at a maximum pressure of 75 mbar within buildings and 3rd family gas. They are applicable to the installation of appliances having a heat input not exceeding 70 kW based on net calorific value, which have been CE marked and for which the manufacturer advises that they are suitable for installation in such a building.
Specifically they contain details of:
- Legal considerations such as Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations
- Properties of network pipelines
- Meter installations
- Measures to be taken when installing the pipework
- Installation of appliances
- Chimney design and installation.