This standard covers the design, construction, testing, operation, inspection and maintenance of various pressure regulating installations (PRIs) that contain gas in the gaseous phase.
It covers any PRI containing; natural gas that is installed in a network pipeline and where the maximum operating pressure does not exceed 100 bar at operating temperatures between -20°C and 120°C. Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) that is installed in either a distribution main or service pipework and whose maximum operating pressure does not exceed 16 bar at operating temperatures between -20°C and 50°C.
LPG/air mixture that is installed in either a distribution main or service pipework and whose maximum operating pressure does not exceed 2 bar at operating temperatures between -20°C and 50°C.
The scope of this standard includes:
- Legal and allied considerations, such as EU Legislation and gas safety Regulations
- Planning, location, layout and security of PRI’s
- Housings, including pits, separate buildings and cabinets
- Design, including pipework sizing, valves, vent lines, pipes and fittings, welding and stress analysis
- Pressure and flow control, along with safety devices
- Corrosion prevention
- Electrical installation and instrumentation
- Construction, including site safety, materials, fabrication and welding of pipework and components
- Testing, including equipment and acceptance criteria
- Commissioning and decommissioning
- Operation and maintenance, including safety, purging, corrosion monitoring, up rating and down rating.