Temporary Notice: If you experience any difficulties purchasing technical standards please contact us.
Hard copy technical standards may also be purchased through YesResponse. Please call +44 (0)1889 561 431
This standard covers the design, construction, testing, operation, inspection and maintenance of various pressure regulating installations (PRIs) that contain gas in the gaseous phase.
It covers any PRI containing; natural gas that is installed in a network pipeline and where the maximum operating pressure does not exceed 100 bar at operating temperatures between -20°C and 120°C. Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) that is installed in either a distribution main or service pipework and whose maximum operating pressure does not exceed 16 bar at operating temperatures between -20°C and 50°C.
LPG/air mixture that is installed in either a distribution main or service pipework and whose maximum operating pressure does not exceed 2 bar at operating temperatures between -20°C and 50°C.
The scope of this standard includes:
- Legal and allied considerations, such as EU Legislation and gas safety Regulations
- Planning, location, layout and security of PRI’s
- Housings, including pits, separate buildings and cabinets
- Design, including pipework sizing, valves, vent lines, pipes and fittings, welding and stress analysis
- Pressure and flow control, along with safety devices
- Corrosion prevention
- Electrical installation and instrumentation
- Construction, including site safety, materials, fabrication and welding of pipework and components
- Testing, including equipment and acceptance criteria
- Commissioning and decommissioning
- Operation and maintenance, including safety, purging, corrosion monitoring, up rating and down rating.