Temporary Notice: If you experience any difficulties purchasing technical standards please contact us.
Hard copy technical standards may also be purchased through YesResponse. Please call +44 (0)1889 561 431
This standard addresses the health, safety and environmental matters associated with the following trenchless disciplines:
- Horizontal directional drilling
- Impact moling
- Auger boring and rotary drilling
- Micro tunnelling (up to 1m diameter)
- Pipe ramming and pipe jacking
- Pipe splitting and pipe bursting
- Refurbishment of pipes using lining techniques
- Internal pipe repair systems.
It provides requirements and is not intended to relate to the specific performance capabilities of any particular system. More detailed safety and operational procedures provided by manufacturers must be implemented alongside these recommendations. Specifically, this standard details:
- Legal and allied considerations, such as the Control of Pollution Act and the Environmental Protection Act
- Preparation of a safety plan, analysing any potential risks and arrangement for controlling them
- General health, safety and environmental concerns, such as control of hazardous substances, maintenance of plant, machinery and power tools, gas monitoring and electrical safety
- Site operations including those listed above
- Records and reporting
- Required training and accreditation.