The standard covers the requirements for effective and safe locating and housing of meter installations.
These procedures apply to new locations, housing and compounds for gas supply meter installations intended to carry Natural Gas of flow rate > 6m3 h-1 and MOP upstream ≤ 38 bar. It contains details of:
- Legal considerations such as Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations and Electricity at Work Regulations
- Objectives and principles when designing any housing or compound
- Exchange of information between the involved parties and formal documentation
- Gas Transporter authorisations
- General considerations such as safety, space heating and labelling
- Location requirements
- Ventilation for the housings
- Thermal and acoustic insulation
- Construction and materials for the housings
- Outdoor compounds
- Explosion reliefs
- Lightning conductors.