This standard provides requirements for the selection, installation, inspection and maintenance of electrical equipment connected to gas meter installations by:
- Ensuring electrical equipment will not be a source of ignition
- Ensuring compliance with DSEAR and ATEX directives
- Describing suitable electrical equipment
- Describing how to safely connect electrical equipment.
This Standard applies to the connection of any electrical equipment to a gas meter. It applies to meter installations with a maximum operating pressure not exceeding 100 bar containing Natural Gas in a gaseous state. It applies to primary and secondary meter installations and associated volume conversion equipment in industrial, commercial and domestic premises. It considers:
- DSEAR and ATEX Directives
- Pulse ownership
- Equipment certification and suitability
- Equipment connections
- Details of electrical connections
- Records and reporting.
Advice is provided on:
- Legal requirements
- Authorisation procedures
- Electrical low frequency and high frequency outputs
- Design of electronic interface equipment
- Ensuring integrity of installation, operation and maintenance of a pulse chain
- Procedures for telephone connections
- Equipment location and installation
- Equipment connection, protection and isolation
- Inspection and maintenance.