IGEM/GM/6 Edition 3 - non-domestic meter installations - standard designs
This Standard covers standard design gas supply meter installations with meters of badged capacity exceeding 6 m3/h and not exceeding 1076 m3/h, with maximum operating pressure not exceeding 75 mbar.
By following IGEM/GM/6, it will be possible to select, construct, install and maintain an appropriate meter installation, as defined by IGEM/G/1, incorporating either a diaphragm or a rotary displacement (RD) meter.
These standard designs also allow the use of alternative meter technologies, such as, thermal mass or ultrasonic meters.
Significant amendments have been made to this edition. These include but are not limited to:
- general refresh and update including the applicable industry acronyms
- inclusion of LOLER in the Legislation section
- inclusion of requirements to allow the use of alternative meter technologies, such as, thermal mass or ultrasonic meters
- update of pressure terms and values
- GT authorisations were brought in line with GT/2
- requirements for meter housings were updated
- requirements for pipe supports were reviewed and updated
- requirements for high/ambient temperature resistance of metering components were updated
Please provide your response or comments to email@example.com by Friday 17 January 2020.
Draft for comment