A draft of IGEM standard IGEM/G/11 Gas Industry Unsafe Situations Procedure is available for comment.
This draft for comment has been prepared by an IGEM working group chaired by David Bendle and is submitted to industry for its consideration and comment.
The draft can be found here and the comment form can be downloaded from here.
The standard has been updated throughout the document to include the following:
- Clarification of what to report under RIDDOR
- ID situations that are not reportable under RIDDOR
- When and how to report under RIDDOR
- How to report unsafe situations due to poor workmanship which are not RIDDOR
- Reporting of theft of gas/meter tampering/interference of an LPG vessel
- Updates to the situation tables and associated notes
- Update to visual risk assessments for gas appliances.
Please forward your comments on the draft standard, using the associated comment form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th August 2020.