Grants are provided towards living costs, travel, accommodation, course materials, software, books etc. Grant support towards industrial placement costs will not be considered, and we cannot give grants to pay tuition fees.
We also award grants if you have disability related costs, additional disability needs or ongoing health related needs.
Applications close on 30 June but applicants must have commenced their course before they apply to us.
How much is the grant worth?
If you’re in financial need and are on an Engineering Council accredited undergraduate degree, you can apply for a grant of up to £1,500. Grants are awarded per academic year.
Am I eligible?
- Applicants must be an IGEM member at the time of applying
- Grants are only available to applicants studying an Engineering Council accredited undergraduate degree course. View the full list of accredited courses to check your eligibility here
- Applicants must have commenced their course before they apply
- IGEM employees are not eligible to apply
Are any applications prioritised?
Yes, we prioritise applications from applicants who:
- Are in their final year or stage of their programme
- Have a disability
- Are local Authority care leavers
- Are estranged from their parents
- Are aged 25 and over with extra financial commitments
- Are parents with children under 18, especially lone parents
- Are carers or who have financial dependants
- Are repeating a year due to causes outside their control
- Are without access to other sources of funds
Note: Assistance is provided to all eligible applicants who meet the application criteria of being in education and in need.
What will I need to do?
You will need to fill in and send us your application form along with any supporting informaion required.
Applications will be reviewed by our Scholarship Panel who will then notify applicants if they have been successful or not, in August.
Interviews for successful candidates will be scheduled for July 2021, where applicants will be required to discuss their application further with the Scholarship Panel.
Candidates will be notified of the outcome as soon as possible after the interview and successful applicants will be sent an offer for their funds soon after.
How can I apply?
All you need to do is download and fill in the application form below. Send it back to us by 30 April 2021 with all supporting documentation. We will then contact you of the outcome.