Further learning

One of the outcomes of an academic panel assessment is a request to undertake further learning. This may be in the form of an additional academic qualification or vocational training. Alternatively, you might be given the option of producing a technical report as a means of demonstrating your knowledge.

Academic qualifications

A summary of the types of qualifications likely to be accredited for IEng and CEng can be found on the pages dedicated to Incorporated Member and Chartered Member.

Details of all qualifications approved or accredited for professional registration can be found in the Accredited Course Search available on the Engineering Council website.

IGEM accredited degrees

In addition to those qualifications that have been accredited by the Engineering Council, there are a number of engineering degrees that have been accredited by us. These are:

  • MSc in Subsea Engineering and Management: Newcastle University

  • MSc in Pipeline Engineering: Newcastle University

  • MSc in Gas Engineering and Management: University of Salford

  • MSc in Petroleum and Gas Engineering: University of Salford

  • BEng in Building Environment and Services Engineering: Chongqing University

  • MSc in Energy and Environment: City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Vocational training

We also accredit company training schemes delivered by its Industrial Affiliate members. The following companies run IGEM accredited training programmes:

  • GTC

  • National Grid

  • SGN

  • Towngas

  • Wales and West Utilities