This course will provide an understanding of the background, rationale and purpose of IGEM/SR/2 Edition 2 – Hazardous area classification of natural gas installations.
The course will be delivered in two, three-hour sessions on 13 and 14 April.
· An understanding of the causes of explosions, ignition sources and thermal hazards
· A grasp of consequence and risk analysis
· An understanding of legislation and its application
· An insight into the practical application of IGEM/SR/25
· Overview of IGEM/SR/25 and basic concepts underpinning the standard
· Legislation and standards including DSEAR
· History, scope, definitions and design principles
· Zoning (out of doors, enclosures and pits)
· Good and bad practice
· Sample drawings
· Introduction to the SR/25 calculator
· Case study worked examples
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all those who may be asked to carry out hazardous area classification as part of a DSEAR assessment including process safety and health and safety practitioners.