This brand new course has been developed for those involved with feasibility, feed, design and engineering of below 7 bar pipelines. It will focus on the primary deliverables required to deliver a successful design and plan for construction activities within the UK Gas Network.
The course will be delivered via MS Teams in three, three-hour sessions on 31 August and 1 and 3 September.
· Communicate the planning and legal considerations required for a successful design
· Establish a minimum baseline for an acceptable design
· Carry out a basic design exercise utilising the lessons learned
· Establish the non engineering requirements such as test and validation considerations
· Summarise how the design requirements should be communicated to the contractor for a successful construction project
· Management systems overview
· Planning and legal
· Design considerations
· Material selection
· Safety evaluation
· Impact protection
· Proximity evaluation
· Design for validation
· Record keeping during design
· Scoping for the contractor
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the delivery or management of a design, planning or scoping of a pipeline below 7 bar.
Previous attendees of Introduction to IGEM/TD/3 course.