Certain characteristics are protected by the equality law and it is necessary for every employee to know what these are, so they can abide by the equality legislation. If a person feels your organisation (or someone in your organisation) has treated them unfairly, they can start a grievance procedure or take their case to the employment tribunal. It is important to make sure everyone in your organisation complies with equality law.
The course boosts understanding of the equality and diversity legislation, and its hand-picked examples demonstrate the benefits that come from promoting equality and diversity in the workplace.
Courses developed by Nimble Elearning have been certified by the CPD Certification Service and count towards your annual CPD requirement.
After completing the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand what is meant by ‘equality’ and ‘diversity’ and recognise how they benefit us
- Identify who is protected by the Equality Act, and explain what happens if their rights are compromised
- Recognise discrimination and other unfair practices in the workplace and know how to act on them
- Understand what they can do to promote equality and diversity
Topics explored in this course, Equality and Diversity:
- Equality and diversity
- Facts about equality and diversity
- Equality legislation
- Unlawful behaviour
- Making a complaint
- Harassment and victimisation
If you have any queries about this course please email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1509 678150.