IGEMs technical department are involved with writing and
reviewing IGEM Standards, assisting in holding technical events and
answering enquiries. In addition IGEM have representation on
various industry groups.
IGEM has published technical Standards since the 1960s and these
are established as trusted gas industry Standards, used to assist
in compliance with national legislation and official approved codes
of practice and guidance. IGEM Standards relate to aspects of
- Pipelines Safety Regulations;
- Pressure Systems Safety Regulations;
- Gas Safety (Management) Regulations;
- Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations;
- Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences
- Building Regulations;
- Health and Safety at Work etc. Act;
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations;
- Pressure Equipment Regulations,
- Electricity at Work Regulations
- and so on.
The full list of current IGEM
Standards can be downloaded as a PDF, or alternatively you can
preview the available Standards Online. Further information can be
found by viewing Overview of IGEM Standards.
The hierarchy of Standards
Who Gets Involved?
See our Standards development
IGEM provides a series of technical seminars to support the
publication of new or revised Standards and gas industry related
topics to keep industry abreast of the latest technical advances.
to see what events are being held this month.
Do you have a Query about an IGEM Standard or the Gas
IGEM provides a technical helpline for industry, commercial
organisations and the public to better understand IGEM's Standards
and the wider gas industry. Our Frequently Asked Questions Webpage may help in
directing to an answer.
IGEM also works with other industry bodies on a range of
projects. The outcomes can be viewed by visiting our Technical